Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cracking Up (Me or the Concrete?)

You may think that I am utterly insane to post pictures of cracks in our concrete here on my blog. After all, it is JUST concrete and relatively unexciting at that. However, I am going to suggest that a crack is actually concrete's most beautiful feature. It is the flaw that is most fascinating. And just like all the other strange things I have posted here over the last few months, there is something inherently beautiful about this flaw.




And the above photographs of "flaws" (and a little help from Photoshop) make some otherwise unexciting pictures of my childrens' shadows a little more exciting.



And really, if you take this analogy a little deeper, it is really our flaws and our unique features that make us exciting and beautiful as individuals. And that is as deep as I go!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

love the analogy! so true! I like to take pictures like this also, once you start though, you can never see anything the same. It's always through the lens of your camera whether your holding it or not...

Jessica Stier said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!!!


Jessica
www.MomShots.com

Courtney White said...

Beautiful!

Angie Berrio said...

I will love my concrete more now.