Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Out Amongst the Fall

Last weekend, during the kids' Fall Break (BTW, when is Mom's Fall Break?), we headed up to Park City for a few days to relax and enjoy the fall. The first night we were there, while the kids were watching an endless amount of Disney Channel on a VERY LARGE SCREEN TV (apparently it is better when bigger than 28"), I decided to walk outside with my camera. There was only about 30 minutes left of light, but it was that magical light right before sunset. All the leaves that were left were on fire. These are a few of my favorites.









My local Macey's grocery store is having a little "Colors of Fall" Photo Contest. I think I might enter one of these photos. Which one do you think I should enter?

9 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I vote for pictures 2, 4, and the last one. But they're all beautiful! Let us know WHEN you win the Macey's contest! :) What's the grand prize? It better be more than a glazed donut.

Mom and Camera said...

As far as I know, there is no prize. The flier I picked up did not list one. However, I need an excuse to print some of my nature photos.

If any of you are local, all entries have to be by Nov. 30th. People will vote on December 1st.

Natalie said...

I want to learn photography so badly that it hurts! Looking at your blog only makes me hurt even more for the talent. Beautiful shots!

Have you ever sent in a picture to ksl.com? They have a Utah nature photo contest as well. I always think of you when they mention it.

Natalie said...

Oh, and my vote is for the last picture.

Michelle and Jason said...

I think I like #2 the best, but it is hard to choose they are all amazing!

Vern said...

I love the first one. The only thing I hate about where I live is that there are no mature trees and each year I feel like I am totally missing fall. I was going to take a trip to the mountains but as you know, THAT didn't happen!

Stephanie said...

I like the second-to-last one (single red leaf - blurred background) the best. I'll bet autumn is a photographer's favorite season, huh?

Tara said...

Holy cow! How do you choose? They are ALL amazing! I seem to be drawn to red, though...if that helps?

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

such rich and beautiful leaves! love the light! thanks for adding this today at shutter sisters,